Cinco de Mom-O!
WHAT TO WEAR (click any item to shop it!)
WHAT TO DRINK
HOW TO MAKE:
- Rub a lemon wedge around the rim of four glasses, then dip rims into salt.
- To each glass, add ice, pink lemonade, lemon juice, triple sec, and tequila. Stir to combine. (if you prefer a lot of ice, stir together mixture first, then pour over ice.)
- Garnish each glass with a lemon slice. SALUD!
WHAT TO WEAR
WHAT TO EAT
5 Minute Veggie Tacos
1/2 TBS Chili Powder
1/2 TBS Garlic Powder
1/2 TBS Cumin
1/4 TSP Salt
Chopped Tomatoes (or salsa)
HOW TO PREPARE
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the 4 eggs. Add the chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and salt, and whisk until combined.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the eggs and cook over medium low heat, scraping as the eggs solidify, about 3 to 4 minutes total. As you scrape, they’ll start to form together into a meat-like texture. Don’t scrape too much or you’ll make too small of pieces: just enough for that it comes together!
- If time, warm and char the tortillas by placing them on an open gas flame on medium for a few seconds per side, flipping with tongs, until they are slightly blackened and warm.
- Top with salsa fresca (drain extra liquid before serving), thin sliced red onions, torn cilantro leaves, and hot sauce.
WHAT TO WEAR
ART CLASS PROJECT
Giant Cinco de Mayo Flowers
SUPPLIES NEEDED (per flower)
Colorful tissue paper, 20"x 30" sheets
Large paper clips or binder clips
Floral Wire & Heavy duty scissors
HOW TO MAKE
1. Lay each piece of tissue paper flat.
2. Fold each of the pieces of tissue paper into an accordion. The folds should measure between 2-3 inches.
3. Bind each piece with a binder clip and organize the folded strips into an even row.
4. Working with the outer color first, gradually trim down the length of each sheet in 1-2 inch increments to give the finished flower depth.
5. Using sharp scissors, trim the ends into rounded and pointy shapes. No need for the cuts to be perfect. It just adds character to the flowers!
6. Cut along the folds of each bundle all the way to the binder clip, leaving the center uncut. Repeat the same steps on all four sides.
7. Remove the binder clips from each bundle and lay the sheets on top of each other with the largest outer color on the bottom and the smallest innermost color on top centering as you go.
8. Press the stack flat and fold all the layers into an accordion.
9. Secure with wire and gently pull layers outward.
10. Starting with the shortest cuts, carefully pull each petal upward and fan out the folds. Use your thumbs to pull lines in create paper just a bit to add form.
11. Gently peel forward one strip at a time using both hands, stretch the paper open. Continue to peel each layer forward. The flower will begin to take shape as you go.
12. Once all the petals are pulled apart, trim and fluff to perfection.