Is your closet in need of a major purge? Unsure? Well, if you answer yes to ANY of the questions below, then it is time for a Closet Cleanse!
1. Do you break a sweat sifting through the racks because the hangers are so tightly packed?
2. Do you still have a section of BEBE (or Express) brand "college" tops?
3. Do you have a pair of low quality, decade old shoes?
4. Do you have a drawer of bathing suits that makes you laugh (or cry) when you open it?
5. Do you have a size range from 0-10, but consistently reside in a size 6?
Though I am positive that some of you have your Masters in Closet Cleanliness, my gut tells me that there were quite a few YESES to those questions. I performed a massive purge before our move, and with the tips fresh on my brain, I thought it was the perfect time to share with you. (Nothing like the thought of having to unpack something you haven't worn in 5 years to make you finally toss it!)
Before I start with my step-by-step guide, I would like to say to any of you who feel too overwhelmed to get rid of big chunks at a time, there is a less dramatic approach. Start small. Using the guidelines below, force yourself to remove 2 (preferably 3) items for every new item that you add. If you are more of a "go big or go home" kind of gal, then the tips below should get your closet looking like a Container Store Ad in no time! (Okay...that was a ridiculous statement - unless of course you are the one human that only owns 15 garments in beautiful shades of beige with 5 pairs of never worn shoes.)
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published