Posted: Jan 14 2014
Keep you and your kiddos warm this winter with a hot cup of cocoa! Each jar makes enough for 4 to 6 people and it only takes about 10 minutes to make. It's a fun treat for the little ones and a cute way to store something sweet! Plus, they make great gifts for neighbors, teachers, friends, and family. What better way to stay warm than with a little chocolate?
- 1 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, Dutch-processed (sifted)
- 1 2/4 cups non-fat powdered milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- A pinch of vanilla powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolates chips or chopped chocolate
- Crushed peppermint candies (or candy canes)
- Mini Marshmallows
- 1 mason jar
- 1 piece of ribbon
- Combine the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, non-fat powdered milk, salt, vanilla powder, and dark chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate) in a large bowl.
- Put the mixture in a large mason jar or tupperware container.
- Top the mix with mini marshmallows and peppermints (or candy canes).
- Seal the jar and tie a ribbon around the jar or container. Voila! Hot cocoa in a jar!
To Make Hot Cocoa:
- Boil 1 1/2 cups of milk or water.
- Add 4 Tbsp. of the cocoa mix.