With 2014 right around the corner, there's no better way to start off 2014 than with something that can hold all the fun memories to be had in the new year as they happen. All you need is a jar, chalkboard paint, a paint brush, paper, scissors, and a piece of ribbon.
Throughout the year write down things all the wonderful things that happen in you and your families life. Include things like accomplished goals, surprises, good grades, vacations, date nights, funny moments, etc. Then, on December 31st, 2014, open the jar and reminisce all the amazing things that happened to you and your family in the past year.
There is no right or wrong way to design your jar. For the one featured below, I used chalkboard paint, which you can find at any crafts store, because then you can reuse the jar just by erasing the last year and writing the new one.
- Chalkboard paint.
- Jar (mason jar, plastic jar, any sort of container you'd like).
- Paint brush.
- Gather the items listed above. (Under "Items.")
- Paint one layer of chalkboard paint on the jar and let it dry. Wait five minutes to let dry.
- After layer one has dried, paint another layer on. Wait five minutes to let dry.
- Write on the jar the new year and any other words or doodles you'd like to include.
- Cut the paper into strips to write the good things on and put in the jar throughout the year.
- The jar is now ready for the new year!
- Optional: Add a piece of ribbon around it at the top.