Baby it's cold outside! And you know what that means? The holidays are here! Why not celebrate with sugar cookies? This recipe is fun and simple– especially for moms with busy schedules! So get the fire ready and cue up the holiday music because 'tis the season to bake!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 sticks of softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of cream (or half & half)
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Optional: frosting. (Any kind; your favorite.)
- Optional: sprinkles. (Any kind; your favorite.)
- Cream together the sugar and butter,
- Add in the eggs, cream, and vanilla. Then mix together.
- Now add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix well. (I used my hands here.)
- Refrigerate the dough at least two hours.
- Then roll and cut using your favorite cookie cutters. (I used stars and trees.)
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for about 6-7 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Optional: decorate! This is a great opportunity to let your little ones have some fun in the kitchen if they're old enough! Grab a few different colors of your favorite frosting and sprinkles and decorate the cookies.
Happy holiday baking!
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published