Posted: Feb 06 2014
Oh, teething. It's a phase that isn't so easy to bear. It's a time when lots of crying and cranky achiness with sleepless nights that can sometimes be more painful for you than your little one become the norm. Not every bump in the road has something to smooth it out, but here are a few tricks that will soothe your little one's pain.
- Frozen Pacifier: Freeze a pacifier in an ice cube tray with juice, milk formula, or water to sooth a teething baby's gums.
- Hyland's Teething Tablets: They make sleep bearable and days livable when a child is going through teething by reducing pain. View them HERE.
- Cold Washcloth: Use cold water to dampen a washcloth, wring it out and place on a toddler's gums to soothe teething pain.
- Frozen Foods: From a bag of frozen green beans or fruit, take out a few pieces, place in a Ziploc bag and place on a child's gums to reduce gum pain.
- Frozen Bagel: This is great for them to chew on. Freeze a whole (or even just half) of a bagel and give it to them to gnaw on. Just be sure to watch the baby closely as it can soften and break as he/she chews on the bagel.
- Infant Tylenol: In addition to relieving fevers, these tablets help reduce pain in teething tots. The best time to use it is at night to get a good night's sleep. For product information, click HERE.
- Tommee Tippee Baby Teethers: This teething tool has special cooling surfaces that soothe sore gums and alleviate pain. There are multiple types of "chewthers" that you can view HERE.
Teething can happen at any given moment. So it's best to be prepared when it does!
Keep a Teething Kit on hand with our Lolo bags! Store teething tablets, pacifiers and baby tethers in the Lolo Medium Vinyl Pouch (shown below and available in multiple styles). It's the chic mom must-have for every diaper bag that will have you and your child smiling instead of teething!